Job ID: AM-AFP-02-18-5-2018
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Senior Software engineer will be responsible for developing front end UI features for a research and development task. The individual that is selected must have experience with geographic data applications and Mission Web Space Applications.
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
- At least six (6) years developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
- At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years;
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist;
- Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, J-STD-016, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards;
- At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing;
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure;
- Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns;
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services;
- Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
- Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE);
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and Map Reduce frameworks.
- Experience with ARCGis
- RESTful services
- Linux/DockerFamiliarity with PKI: obtaining and working with server certificates.