Job ID: AM-CV-03-18-5-2018
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Senior System Engineer
- Providing daily operational support for large-scale IT program.
- Customer-facing position that requires identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving both internal system problems, as well as external customer-related IT issues. Extensive interaction with multi-disciplined Integrated Product Teams.
- Perform operational support functions for routine issues including problem tracking, analysis, and resolution; define and document help desk solutions; provide problem determination; analyze and resolve system problems to ensure continuous system operations.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day system-related issues and provide direct support, in collaboration with product teams, to end-users via JIRA ticketing and/or email.
- Support release planning and deployment installations; communicate important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and address concerns regarding any aspect of operational services.
- Ability to quickly assess an issue and provide management with comprehensive long or short-term actions for restoration of service(s) required.
- Must be able to prepare documentation for troubleshooting, escalation procedures, standard operating procedures and service-level agreements.
- Follows organizational practices in regard to Incident, Problem, and Change Management along with the creation of tracking records for monitoring and reporting.
- Potential program may transition to provide 24x7 support requiring weekend scheduling and or working on other shifts.
- Experience supporting fast-paced agile development programs with aggressive release cycles.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Familiarity with continuous integration strategies and automated deployment approaches.
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, and NiFi
- At least fifteen ( 15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years' experience.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule;
- Infusing into an Enterprise emerging technologies emanating from universities, research organizations, and small businesses to include both classified and open source activities;
- Developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations;
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use;
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts;
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and Enterprise Service Bus environment;
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations;
- Developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure;
- Applying agile and/or incremental development methodologies;
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for medium ($50M-$150M) to large ($150M+) scale;
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to Enterprise Service Bus architectures;
- Experienced "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
- Integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors;