Job ID: AM-DP-03-18-5-2018
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
The Mid-Level Software Engineer will join an experienced team working on efforts to modernize an existing system that has reached its performance limits. The existing system is built with Java, Karaf, Felix, OSGi, JDBC, Aries Blueprint, Hadoop, JMS (Tibco and ActiveMQ), REST, SOAP, Camel, ExtJS, and REDBUS. The backend data store includes both Oracle and Accumulo repositories. Over time, the number of relationships management by the system has seen exponential growth. The Mid-Level Software Engineer should know enough about Oracle to write PL/SQL as well as adjust the configuration of a database. The software engineer will also get involved in modernization activities writing software in Java.
- At least six (6) years¿ experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution;
- At least four (4) years developing software using the Java programming language.
- At least three (3) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
- Must be familiar with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, J-STD-016, and/or US 12207 and possess at least one (1) year of experience developing software in accordance with these standards;
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level2 process structure;
- Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
- At least three (3) years in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts;
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least four (4) documents in support of a software development project;
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns;
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and Map Reduce frameworks.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services;
- Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services;
- Development within the Eclipse IDE;
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Java Developer